Re: Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Period Japanese Food (Long)

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 2, 2004
      Noble Cousin!

      Greetings from Solveig! As I recall, Chinese food was in vogue during the
      Nara and early Heian period, but I really do not want to say definitely
      without checking written sources. Basically, things Chinese fell out of
      favour a bit after the collaps of the T'ang dynasty in China.

    • Solveig
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 3, 2004
        Ii Dono!

        Greetings from Solveig!

        > Tamago sushi: scrambled egg on rice

        It's more of an omlet or a folded crepe. I learned how to make it once
        many years ago. There is even a specialized pan for it.