Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Period Japanese Food (Long)

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 1, 2004
      Masumne dono!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      I would truly starve to death in Japan.

      Forever why? There is LOTS of very yummy food in Japan. Although you may
      need to acculturate a bit before you realize just how yummy it is. Baron
      Edward a year or so ago recounted how he was sitting at a restaurant and
      remarked to himself about how yummy a fresh squid looked and how he would
      like to have it cooked and served to him. He then wondered about when it
      was that he started to think of squid as yummy. Think of the body of a fresh
      squid broiled and sliced into ringlets. Definitely yummy. Not at all like
      that dreadful squid sashimi available at Japanese restaurants in North
      America. Then again, I still buy nattou and I have been know to voluntarily
      order and eat both uni and shiokara. About the only thing that I have drawn
      the line at is sea slug. I also draw the line at peanuts, because I am
      violently allergic to the things.

    • Solveig
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 3, 2004
        Ii Dono!

        Greetings from Solveig!

        > Tamago sushi: scrambled egg on rice

        It's more of an omlet or a folded crepe. I learned how to make it once
        many years ago. There is even a specialized pan for it.