[SCA-JML] Re: Re: Re: Re: camping

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 30 11:41 PM

      >So can I, though not the mother in law part ^_^ When I was in Japan, a
      >friend of mine told me he had a "mansion". At that time I was ignorant
      >of the Japanese meaning (condo!). It wasn't quite what I was expecting.
      >Seen some more since.

      It could have been worse. He could have been living in a danchi.

      >Or extremely poor peasants huts. I think I've seen some drawings of such
      >things somewhere, but I forgot where... The movie Onibaba has a hut like
      >this as well.

      Noble cousins! Greetings from Solveig! Please remember that wood and
      bamboo would be generally cheaper than cloth in Japan. Japan is one
      of the few parts of the world where people built log houses. A lot of
      the onibaba and similar huts are depicted as sparse collection of sticks.

    • RavenRux@COX.NET
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 5, 2004
        >Well, yes, but Takauji was instrumental in overthrowing >the shogunate for
        >Go-Daigo: without him, would it have happened at all?

        You have a point there.

        Masamune

        From: Ii Saburou <logan@...>
        Date: 2004/07/05 Mon AM 11:39:43 EDT