[SCA-JML] Various stuff

  • Ogami Itto
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 1999
      Okay, a few questions to start.
      1.Hitatare kamishimo- looks like a haori jacket with suikan
      sleeves. Is it lined? Any major difference between the body section
      and a lined haori? I take it that nage kamishimo is way, way post
      period?
      2.In "Razor" and "Sleepy Eyes of Death" movies, Itami Hanzo and
      Nemuri Kyushiro both wear kimono, but no hakama, vest, haori, etc.
      What's up with that? Is that considered proper for pre-Edo period, or
      were hakama et al. considered de riguer?
      3.Is there any significant design difference between Edo and
      pre-Edo period laquerware? And where can I get that cashew laquer
      stuff? How much would I need for a small elbow rest/writing table?
      4.Mon- Will I get in trouble if I just grab a (more or less)
      random one out of a "Big Book of Mon" and try to register it? If that
      is verboten, what is the best way to go about designing one?
      5.When in that @*&% CA coming out with clothing patterns?

      That should do it for now. Any one that can help is greatly
      appreciate it.
      -Ogami Itto