[SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Reenactors

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2004

      >I'm an old-school, 3/4" blunts'n'mesh guy when the topic of combat
      >arvhery comes up, so o-kamisama knows I like a sizzlin' fast arrow...
      >but some of those guys were only wearing hachimaki and safety
      >goggles! EEP! Either the rate of personal injusy suits is
      >phenomenally low in Japan, or they've got some REALLY good waivers....

      I expect that the law suits are fairly few, but that doesn't mean
      that families get off terribly easily if someone does something bad.
      I would expect that "sorry money" would be paid in case of a
      significant injury. That said, remember that Japan has national
      health insurance and people are expected to endure pain.