Re: Fan making project update

  • makiwara_no_yetsuko
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 17, 2004
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ichikawa Masako(S. Jordan)"
      <strgleam@s...> wrote:
      > Makiwara- dono
      > The fan in the photo is just gorgeous!
      Thank you. The paintwork was fun, if a bit modern. More on this
      below. Too bad the engineering on that model is inferior. The next
      prototype or two are going to be undecorated until I'm sure I have
      something that behaves more fanlike!

      > I have been toying with the idea of making one myself but it seems
      > projects that people keep asking me to dofor them keep me from
      > getting around to MANY things I want to try *G*

      Tell me about it. I have two personae with wildly divergent pastimes
      and interests. ;->

      I did update my process notes last night so I can remember what works
      and what doesn't - and yes, I WILL share them when I have a resulting
      fan that works well.

      I discovered that the link to the Kyoto National Museum's sutra fans
      went bye bye, but I found an art history exam on line that has them
      (as well as some other Japanese art):
      http://departments.oxy.edu/art/slidelibrary/Old%
      20Pages/arth368/midterm.htm
      These babies date from the 11th century and probably never actually
      got mounted as fans. Cool stuff.

      Makiwara