Re: Online source for Parachute Cord

  • megomaniac76
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
      > St. Louis Braid Company sells the best stuff.
      > You will find that the flat braid looks best.
      > About $25 for a 144 yard roll.
      > You may ,depending on what you are making, require 2 rolls.

      Tochiro,

      Which lace on their site is best recomended? Which among the
      flat laces that is.

      ICHIKAWA no Moromoto
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
        I have found that Hancock Fabrics seem to have a great series of red
        braided cord that looks very nice (and flat!). Since the plates should be
        rigid, you shouldn't need to put too much stress on it for holding the
        plates together, as that should be done with either rivets or sinew ties,
        for the most part (assuming a lame armour rather than a *zane style).

        -Ii

      • scadragon@juno.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
          I would use the narrowest available. I need to look at the list again- I
          think it was 1/4" width
          Definitely use the flat laces.

          Tochiro

          On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:28:19 -0000 "megomaniac76" <rmcadams@...>
          writes:
          > > St. Louis Braid Company sells the best stuff.
          > > You will find that the flat braid looks best.
          > > About $25 for a 144 yard roll.
          > > You may ,depending on what you are making, require 2 rolls.
          >
          > Tochiro,
          >
          > Which lace on their site is best recomended? Which among the
          > flat laces that is.
          >
          > ICHIKAWA no Moromoto

          Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!