Re: Online source for Parachute Cord

  • Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
      Ichikawa-dono,
      I may be assuming, here, but parachute cord is not really the best
      substitute for flat braiding for armor - just letting you know...it
      works to hold armor together - but does not look period at all...

      Date Saburou Yukiie
      Yama Kaminari Ryu

    • RavenRux@COX.NET
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
        I would search online for "550 cord, red" I've found a source before, but can't remember where it is.

        Masamune

        From: "megomaniac76" <rmcadams@...>
        Date: 2004/06/02 Wed AM 09:10:59 EDT
        To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [SCA-JML] Online source for Parachute Cord

      • scadragon@juno.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
          St. Louis Braid Company sells the best stuff.
          You will find that the flat braid looks best.
          About $25 for a 144 yard roll.
          You may ,depending on what you are making, require 2 rolls.

          Tochiro

          On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:10:59 -0000 "megomaniac76" <rmcadams@...>
          writes:
          > I am finaly getting my armor together in preperations for Lilies war
          > and need to find a source for red parachute cord. Any help would be
          >
          > appricated.
          >
          > ICHIKAWA no Moromoto

          Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
        • megomaniac76
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
            > St. Louis Braid Company sells the best stuff.
            > You will find that the flat braid looks best.
            > About $25 for a 144 yard roll.
            > You may ,depending on what you are making, require 2 rolls.

            Tochiro,

            Which lace on their site is best recomended? Which among the
            flat laces that is.

            ICHIKAWA no Moromoto
          • Ii Saburou
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
              I have found that Hancock Fabrics seem to have a great series of red
              braided cord that looks very nice (and flat!). Since the plates should be
              rigid, you shouldn't need to put too much stress on it for holding the
              plates together, as that should be done with either rivets or sinew ties,
              for the most part (assuming a lame armour rather than a *zane style).

              -Ii

            • scadragon@juno.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
                I would use the narrowest available. I need to look at the list again- I
                think it was 1/4" width
                Definitely use the flat laces.

                Tochiro