Online source for Parachute Cord

  • megomaniac76
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
      I am finaly getting my armor together in preperations for Lilies war
      and need to find a source for red parachute cord. Any help would be
      appricated.

      ICHIKAWA no Moromoto
    • Date Saburou Yukiie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
        Ichikawa-dono,
        I may be assuming, here, but parachute cord is not really the best
        substitute for flat braiding for armor - just letting you know...it
        works to hold armor together - but does not look period at all...

        Date Saburou Yukiie
        Yama Kaminari Ryu

      • RavenRux@COX.NET
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
          I would search online for "550 cord, red" I've found a source before, but can't remember where it is.

          Masamune

          From: "megomaniac76" <rmcadams@...>
          Date: 2004/06/02 Wed AM 09:10:59 EDT
          To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [SCA-JML] Online source for Parachute Cord

        • scadragon@juno.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
            St. Louis Braid Company sells the best stuff.
            You will find that the flat braid looks best.
            About $25 for a 144 yard roll.
            You may ,depending on what you are making, require 2 rolls.

            Tochiro

            On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:10:59 -0000 "megomaniac76" <rmcadams@...>
            writes:
            > I am finaly getting my armor together in preperations for Lilies war
            > and need to find a source for red parachute cord. Any help would be
            >
            > appricated.
            >
            > ICHIKAWA no Moromoto

            Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
          • megomaniac76
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
              > St. Louis Braid Company sells the best stuff.
              > You will find that the flat braid looks best.
              > About $25 for a 144 yard roll.
              > You may ,depending on what you are making, require 2 rolls.

              Tochiro,

              Which lace on their site is best recomended? Which among the
              flat laces that is.

              ICHIKAWA no Moromoto
            • Ii Saburou
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
                I have found that Hancock Fabrics seem to have a great series of red
                braided cord that looks very nice (and flat!). Since the plates should be
                rigid, you shouldn't need to put too much stress on it for holding the
                plates together, as that should be done with either rivets or sinew ties,
                for the most part (assuming a lame armour rather than a *zane style).

                -Ii

              • scadragon@juno.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
                  I would use the narrowest available. I need to look at the list again- I
                  think it was 1/4" width
                  Definitely use the flat laces.

                  Tochiro