Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Sam-Like leg armor for the SCA

  • sigrune@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      For what it is worth, I found a great pair of hockey or catchers shins/knees that I use. After scraping off the white lettering they look pretty good and pass the Atlantian rules of no plastic looking bits pretty well.

      I have never had a marshal tell me they do not pass, but just to be safe I carry a pair of modified knee pads. These have small stiff wings on them, and if I need to I can slip them on under my hakama to provide a determined marshal a solution to his liking.

      The nice thing about the shins is the amount of padding in the knees. It is so dense and comfortable that I can and have lifted both feet off the ground and simply dropped to my knees without any pain or discomfort. It throws quite a few people when I suddenly dissapear and then pop them in the hip.

      Takeda Sanjuichiro Akimasa

      "make your armor marshal proof, and adjust from there"