Re: [SCA-JML] Re: armor ???? WARNING????

  • Takeshi
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2004
      My Lord Otagiri,

      I find your comment/warning offensive and uncalled for.
      I would strongly recommend a retraction and apology.
      As the gentleman who wrote the request is from Quebec (Canada),
      would you be so quick to slant one of our friends from
      the continent, or asia because of their use of the Queen's
      english? ........... I think not.

      Lord Yamagi no Takeshi,
      British Columbia, Canada,

      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2004
        Yamagi-dono:

        Would you point out the specific words that you believe require an
        apology or retraction? May I ask why you assume that Alex is a
        gentleman? Could he not be a gentlewoman? Or perhaps not so gentle
        since his moniker is alex_punk_rock.

        In an anonymous world, what have we to judge a character but by his
        words? I am aware of the difficulties of overcoming a language
        barrier. I have spent several weeks in Japan with far less grasp of
        the language than Alex has of English. You will note that my
        questions and responses to him are gentle and hopefully helpful.

        I make my living at computer security. I am perhaps better aware of
        the scams, cons, and vulnerabilities of the internet than most. If
        my warning seems blunt, it is because so many on the internet appear
        slow to heed it.

        In short, I meant no offensive to alex and presumed nothing. The
        warning is addressed to everyone accept alex. If you are offended
        that I would issues such warnings to you, I would urge you to
        reconsider why a computer professional might feel the need to issue
        them.

        Ron Broberg/Otagiri

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Takeshi <Takeshi_JML@s...> wrote:
        > My Lord Otagiri,
        >
        > I find your comment/warning offensive and uncalled for.
        > I would strongly recommend a retraction and apology.
        > As the gentleman who wrote the request is from Quebec (Canada),
        > would you be so quick to slant one of our friends from
        > the continent, or asia because of their use of the Queen's
        > english? ........... I think not.
        >
        > Lord Yamagi no Takeshi,
        > British Columbia, Canada,

      • Alexandre Gagnon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
          HI
          thanks to all of you who think that i'm a good guy even if i'm from quebec
          and even if my english is not well as yours. thx
          and I'm a guy so i'm a gentleman and not a gentlewoman :)

          http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/
        • Choronzey, Marc
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
            Hi Alex!

            First of all, welcome to the list and second, you are NOT alone from Quebec
            on the list. We are at least 6 that I know of and 4 of us socialize on a
            fairly regular basis.

            For armour, Otagiri-dono's questions are very valid, for one thing, there
            are two local armourers who make nice looking japanese armour for combat
            (SCA, live blade) or for LARPs our of metal. I can make them out of leather
            and one of us can make them out of plastic (He made 3+ suits already) and
            we're all based in or around Montreal. But for decoration purposes, Ebay is
            a very good source as are some of the links on the armour archive.
            http://www.armourarchive.org And most important, it depends on your budget!

            Good luck!
            -Hozo-ji no Hebikagebo Shisen.

            -Marc Choronzey