Re: [SCA-JML] Ebay Suneate

  • Tim McShane
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2004
      These aren't exactly un-common, but all the armours I've seen them with have been Edo period, and I suspect it is a strictly post-period development. Still, as a Japanese solution to the minimum armour requirements, it's the style I've been planning to go with if ever I get my Japanese armour built (suffering from a bit of armour-apathy here--my European harness still fits tolerably well, so I don't have that "need armour to fight" motivation to get me back into the armoury). I've seen a few guys out here in An Tir who fight with a similar splints-over-the-knee style of protection (although not Japanese), so it must pass by the marshals.

      - Shiro