Re: [SCA-JML] A quick Garb question

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2004
      On Fri, 28 May 2004 shad0wdr3am@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I've been spending tonight researching garb for a friend who is trying
      > to create a japanese persona. This list has been a goldmine of
      > information, as has Edward of Effingham's site. I have all the info I
      > need to make him something basic, except for one piece. Could someone
      > please help me out a little with a pattern or some tips on how to make
      > either a sleeveless dobuku or an earlier (than Edo) period kataginu?
      > It doesn't look too difficult, but I'd like to make it correctly.
      > Thank you very much in advance for your help!

      There should be an example in the 'files' section. Basically, it is a
      hitatare without the sleeves, for the most part. Just two rectangles,
      with the front section cut out around the neck, with that leftover used
      for the collar.

      -Ii
    • shad0wdr3am@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8 10:43 PM
        Sorry for the tardiness, but thank you for pointing that out to me. I
        was gone all weekend at the event I was making the garb for, so I
        didn't have time to send my thanks. The outfit came out great!
        ~Deanna