Re: [SCA-JML] Critters

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 30 , May 24, 2004
      On Mon, 24 May 2004, Solveig wrote:

      > Last I checked, the College of Arms does not register King, Duke, Prince,
      > &c. as parts of people's names. Wang-i presents a greater problem as -i
      > is described by Aston as being the definite article. (lit.) the-king.

      But the name would be either 'Wang' or 'Wani'--I've not seen anyone
      claiming they want 'Wang-i'.

      Actually, as I gave it some thought, I wonder if the name 'Wani' in
      Japanese would have been the way they would have said 'Wang'--I would need
      to see more on how things came over, but depending on the tone and
      dialect, I could see the Japanese using the 'ni' instead of 'nu'. Of
      course, they could have been pronouncing it completely differently and we
      are just guessing, too, ne?

      :-)