Re: Border raids just around the corner

  • brothervalarien
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2004
      My appologies, I posted that message while in a rush trying to get
      too many things acomplished at once, and forgot to include important
      details... Border Raids is as the name implies, a border skirmish
      between the Midrealm, and Meridies. It is held at the end of June,
      and is being held at Camp Carlson near Fort Knox, Elizibeth Town Ky.
      This year it is being hosted by the Midrealm.

      traditional activities include:
      Heavy weapons combat (imagine that... a war with heavy fighting<G>)
      Combat Archery
      Target Archery
      usualy thrown weapons compition as well
      A&S compition
      Greyhound coursing
      Merchants
      camp to camp party hopping for those interested
      midrealm and meridian courts
      and general socializing.

      I am including a URL of the border raids website so you can find more
      detailed information as needed.

      http://www.borderraids.com/

      hope to see some of you there.
      Yoshimasa

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, scadragon@j... wrote:
      > Where and when are the Border Raids?
      > Sounds intresting....
      >
      > Tochiro
      >

      > On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:23:22 -0000 "brothervalarien"
      > <mattlew@b...> writes:
      > > as an open question to all of japanese persona (prety much the
      vast
      > > majority of the list)
      > >
      > > I was wondering, who was going to be in atendance at border raids
      > > this year, and of those who would be interested in forming a JML
      or
      > > japanese encampment.
      > >
      > > at this timne I will most likely be there, and possibly have one
      or
      > > two guests in tow. one says he is interested in doing japanese,
      thus

      > > I am going to loan him some garb and take him along, the other
      says
      > > he is unsure if he wants to go samurai or viking... he may end up
      > > doing both.
      > >
      > > my personal camp gear is mundane, so I am not pushing for a
      period
      > > encampment<G> but I think it would be great to get people
      together
      > > at
      > > the event. then again I am something of a social creature... a
      > > numbewr of years ago "the" SCA channel for IRC formed a pseudo
      > > household for the purpose of meeting at events and getting to
      know
      > > each other off line. they even came up with a badge and
      > > everything...
      > > I don't know if that idea held long as I have never again seen
      > > a "silver channel" badge or banner, but most of us don't realy
      need
      > > badge to show our involvement in JML... our very garb shows us to
      be

      > > japanese... that is enough to warrent getting to meet and see
      > > eachother.
      > >
      > > I know most of you only realy look at pennsic as an opretunity to
      > > see
      > > eachother, but there are many wars each year, including gulfwars,
      > > border raids, estrella (o.k. I won't be making an estrella any
      time
      > > soon, but others do) and I appologize, but I don't know the wars
      out

      > > west, or the smaller border skirmishes throughout the known world.
      > >
      > > as I side note... I believe these type gatherings are THE best
      way
      > > meet others from the group, and if more japanese are camped
      together

      > > others are likely to come out of the woodwork and seak us out...
      as