On The Topic Of Names

  • Admiral DeSuave Alimara Cristo
    Message 1 of 77 , May 3 7:13 AM
      I was wondering if you all could help me come up with a good SCA name (Of
      course Japanese.) Thanks guys for all of your suggestions.

      Eric.

      Premium!
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 77 of 77 , May 7 4:33 PM
        > Allow me to assure you that I would not have tried this list had I
        > not already exhausted every other avenue I could think of.

        Please forgive some of the responses, but many people come without having
        done any apparent research.

        That said, have you tried looking for the Name Pamphelet through ILL
        (Inter-Library Loan)? That is one way to get ahold of such things.

        Also, check out http://www.sengokudaimyo.com

        Next, search the archives (look for things like 'name' or 'nanori' or
        'zokumyo'). You may have to keep searching back because of the volume of
        traffic.

        > Perhaps it might be a good idea to actually make up a Naming FAQ or
        > similar--in fact, I'd be delighted to put it together, if people
        > want to send me raw information.

        There actually was a FAQ out there, but I don't know know what happened to
        it, exactly.