Review of sources

  • RavenRux@COX.NET
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
      I have a request for you Kami-sama out there: for those of us who only barely read Japanese and are stuck with English language sources, could one, or any, or all of you give your opinions on the quality of our materials?

      That was a particularly cumbersome construction. Let me rephrase that: If I were to post a list of my source books, could someone provide an opinion of the quality of them?

      Thanks,

      Masamune
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
        RavenRux@... wrote:
        > I have a request for you Kami-sama out there: for those of us who only
        > barely read Japanese and are stuck with English language sources, could one,
        > or any, or all of you give your opinions on the quality of our materials?
        >
        > That was a particularly cumbersome construction. Let me rephrase that: If I
        > were to post a list of my source books, could someone provide an opinion of
        > the quality of them?

        I can't speak for the others, but I'd be happy to do so.

        Effingham
      • Ii Saburou
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
          We can try. Can only review ones we've seen (or authors, if we know their
          work, may get comments).

          -Ii

          On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 RavenRux@... wrote:

          > Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:12:36 -0400
          > From: RavenRux@...
          > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [SCA-JML] Review of sources
          >
          > I have a request for you Kami-sama out there: for those of us who only barely read Japanese and are stuck with English language sources, could one, or any, or all of you give your opinions on the quality of our materials?
          >
          > That was a particularly cumbersome construction. Let me rephrase that: If I were to post a list of my source books, could someone provide an opinion of the quality of them?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Masamune

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Solveig
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004

            > > That was a particularly cumbersome construction. Let me rephrase
            >that: If I
            >> were to post a list of my source books, could someone provide an opinion of
            > > the quality of them?

            I am sure that all of us who are cursed with book collections best measured
            with truck scales will be happy to comment on your library.

            Incidentally, anything by Mass, Ferris, Piggott, and a few others is a
            definite keeper. Some of these folks are highly specialized. For example,
            there are about 3-5 authors who are major theatre experts.