Period encampment at Lilies

  • megomaniac76
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2004
      Konichiwa

      What is the general thought on the use of period looking "corrals"
      like those in the opening shots of "RAN" for covering up modern
      looking tents?

      I was thinking about creating one for Lilies, but wanted to know
      what the others in the Japanese encampment where doing.

      Thanks Again,

      ICHIKAWA Moromoto
    • makiwara_no_yetsuko
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2004
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "megomaniac76" <rmcadams@c...> wrote:
        > Konichiwa
        >
        > What is the general thought on the use of period looking "corrals"
        > like those in the opening shots of "RAN" for covering up modern
        > looking tents?

        Are you referring to jinmaku?

        Hiraizumi-dono has an article on it
        http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/miscellany.html

        Makiwara
      • Ii Saburou
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2004
          On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, megomaniac76 wrote:

          > What is the general thought on the use of period looking "corrals"
          > like those in the opening shots of "RAN" for covering up modern
          > looking tents?
          >
          > I was thinking about creating one for Lilies, but wanted to know
          > what the others in the Japanese encampment where doing.

          I'm not going, but I think it is a great idea. If there are enough people
          together, you can all bring matching walls and have a 'modern' encampment
          behind the 'period' encampment without throwing it all off.