Re: [SCA-JML] Need Help

  • Otagiri Tatsuzou
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 16, 2004
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <RavenRux@C...> wrote:
      > About footwear for combat:
      >
      > I've read that along the frontier, the warriors would often wear
      bearskin boots (I'm not sure if they are split toed). Do you think
      those would be appropriate? They should be safe enough. Finding a
      pattern might be difficult, as well as finding bearskin. (I've found
      it before but it is very expensive).

      > Masamune

      The real thing would not be safe. Smooth leather sole and a fur upper
      may not be the best for SCA foot combat. They are not split toed either.

      Hiraizumi-dono has a paragraph and a pic on his site under Misc. Armour:
      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/katchu.html

      Here are some more pics:
      http://www.rhinohide.cx/tousando/img/ebay/eb_kegutsu_index.html

      And a modified rubber boot pattern: