[SCA-JML] Re: Kyougen and copyrights

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2000
      Noble Cousin!

      The question of putting kyougen up on the internet is whose version
      are you talking about. If it is the original monjo from say the
      early 17th century, then it is in the public domain and there is
      absolutely no problem. Problems occur if you put up someonelse's
      translation or critical apparatus.

      Incidentally, I have transcribed a number of kyougen and could
      possibly put them up. They are in Japanese. I have also translated
      a few play synopsis. Those were up on my web site until I took the
      site down yesterday.

      | techie.com, msn.com |