Re: ***[Possible UCE]*** Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 1384

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11 12:57 PM
      Ii Dono!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      >If there were a publication with a peer review that actually put out
      >decently vetted articles (one of the problems with SCA is that it is hit
      >or miss as far as information and reliability) you would probably grow
      >into that.

      The real obstacles to which are:

      1. But, Mistress Floozy is a LAUREL!
      2. Insisting upon periodical publication
      3. Erratic swings in publication policy with changes in editor.

      Now then. We do have several people who COULD BE the editor of a
      MAJOR PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL. One of whom is stepping down from being
      TI editor. Basically, we have the talent, we simply refuse to use it.
      The case with Bruel &al is the need for a monograph series. There are
      some of these around, however they are often focused in ways which
      results in perfectly good books falling through the cracks.