Re: [SCA-JML] Kosode construction

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
      Okay, I'm not entirely sure of what you're doing from your message, so I
      hope someone else has already chimed in, but let's see if I can help at
      all.

      First, the outside (towards the hand) should be mostly closed, with just a
      small opening for your fist to fit through (actually, I like it large
      enough for your fist plus something in it to go through). The other side
      (towards the shoulder) I've seen sewn all the way around, sewn mostly
      around, or left very open. Either way, it is not 'closed' by being sewn
      to itself (no back 'corner' to the sleeve, so if you put something in the
      sleeve and raise your hand, whatever you put in will fall out!), but
      rather it is how much is sewn to the garment.

      -Ii