Krylon Fusion Paint for Plastic

  • Otagiri Tatsuzou
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      Here are some preliminary results on using Krylon Fusion spray paint
      on plastic.

      http://rhinohide.cx/tousando/plastic/fusion.html

      Otagiri
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
        Otagiri Tatsuzou wrote:

        > Here are some preliminary results on using Krylon Fusion spray paint
        > on plastic.
        >
        > http://rhinohide.cx/tousando/plastic/fusion.html

        Excellent work!

        It looks like they've finally got a plastic paint that does what it's supposed
        to do.

        For the record, folks, if you want to do something really cool, this is an
        opportunity to paint black barrels red -- and when it scuffs, you get that cool
        black showing through just like on the real thing.

        Effingham
        (thinking now about some gold armour)
      • Takedasama@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
          In a message dated 4/1/2004 4:02:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          ronbroberg@... writes:
          Here are some preliminary results on using Krylon Fusion spray paint
          on plastic.

          http://rhinohide.cx/tousando/plastic/fusion.html

          Otagiri

          Konnichiwa Otagiri,

          Thank you for sharing your test results!
          I've wondered how the Krylon Fusion paint would look and how it would hold up
          to abuse. I have a set of armour that I have to cover due to the new
          Atlantian law. Your results give me confidence that this can be done and still look
          good.
          Again, thank you.

          -Takeda Yoshinaka

        • michael A
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
            It's good to know my old scuffed up Do ,which is black
            kydex with red paint and has tons of scraps and
            scuffs, is not just abused. It looks more period. :)

            Here i was thinking of taking it apart and repainting
            it. What was i thinking ;)
            --Kiyohara