Re: [SCA-JML] Name Game

  • Amanda Parker
    Message 1 of 105 , Apr 1 11:08 AM
      I'll see if I can find that book, it looks helpfull, I doubt I could pull of the boy thing any ways. lol. I'll head down to the library after my next class, maybe I'll get lucky.

      Mandy

      How about Hakashime? From the Nara period, it means "Sword". (from Solveig
      Throndardottir's Name Construction in Medieval Japan p.375). Or Sugurime?
      "Conquer/Triumph" (NCMJ, p. 384, also Nara period.) Tatsuko "Dragon" from
      the Muromachi period (NCMJ, p. 385). Or heck, have fun and be the "pretty
      little flower" that beats the stuffing out of old Sven the Terrible. It
      might make the victory all the sweeter.

      There are a lot of choices--you might try to get ahold of this book via
      interlibrary loan or check if your local herald has it.

      But please don't pretend to be a boy. It's much classier to be a lady fighter.

      Writing from my home overlooking the Great River,

      Ki no Torahime
      Retired Lady Fighter

      Riverwatch, Calontir
      http://riverwatch.servelle.com/triskelion/
      Our first event is April 24th! Come visit!!

    • seki_nakagawa
      Message 105 of 105 , Jan 10, 2009
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, shinomoto yoshinaga <frayyosh@...>
        wrote:
          I have a Japanese persona my real life better half has a Scottish
        persona.

        I am right there with you. My better half's persona is Norse and we
        had a 2 SCA years of discussion as to whether she would take my
        nihonji name or what. She end up assuming a "regional" name and named
        herself Lezlie of Silverhart, which is where we live. I am not even
        sure that Lezlie is norse at all.

        -Sukeie