Re: [SCA-JML] Lady Samurai - names

  • Andrew Leitch
    Message 1 of 105 , Apr 1, 2004
      What do the names of the various famous fighting female samurai mean?

      I think there was one called Tomoe Gozen in 12th Century Japan.

      Then there was one who was a vassal of Takeda Shingen - as far as I can
      tell, she started off as a bandit's daughter and ended up running a small
      unit of female samurai before getting shot by Kenshin.... If I'm to believe
      the old Shingen series and the Heaven & Earth movie (not great sources, I
      know). Can't remember her name though.

      Does anyone know of any others?

      - Andre
    • seki_nakagawa
      Message 105 of 105 , Jan 10, 2009
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, shinomoto yoshinaga <frayyosh@...>
        wrote:
          I have a Japanese persona my real life better half has a Scottish
        persona.

        I am right there with you. My better half's persona is Norse and we
        had a 2 SCA years of discussion as to whether she would take my
        nihonji name or what. She end up assuming a "regional" name and named
        herself Lezlie of Silverhart, which is where we live. I am not even
        sure that Lezlie is norse at all.

        -Sukeie