Re: [SCA-JML] Ancient clans

    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 31, 2004
      Ii Saburou wrote:

      > Toyotomi?
      >
      > Tried to become noble. Lasted for two generations.

      Bingo!!

      Tony
    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 31, 2004
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@i...> wrote:
        > Nope. The Ashikaga weren't an uji. They were a branch of the Minamoto.

        Well, that rules out Tokugawa. I thought that maybe you had a very
        twisted sense of failure.

        Just for fun, I'll throw Takeda in the ring, although I'm not sure
        they qualify as an uji either and Shingen did them proud.
      • Ii Saburou
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 31, 2004
          On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

          > Ii Saburou wrote:
          >
          > > Toyotomi?
          > >
          > > Tried to become noble. Lasted for two generations.
          >

          > Bingo!!

          No, I'm pretty sure it is Toyotomi because Bingo was a province....

          -Ii, "And Bingo was his home-o!"
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 31, 2004
            Ii Saburou wrote:

            > No, I'm pretty sure it is Toyotomi because Bingo was a province....
            >
            > -Ii, "And Bingo was his home-o!"

            <smack!>
          • Elaine Koogler
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 1, 2004
              OK. I'll take a crack at it...the Takeda?

              Kiri

              Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

              > daviem01 wrote:
              >
              > > The Soga?
              >
              > Nope -- they did well for a while, too.
              >
              > You're all thinking way too early.
              >

              > Effingham

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cdu50ge/M=267637.4673018.5833253.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705767503:HM/EXP=1080875624/A=1945637/R=0/SIG=11tfh3gpg/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178397&partid=4673018>

              Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to
              knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
              -- C.E. Lawrence

            • Solveig
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 1, 2004
                Baron Edward!

                Greetings from Solveig!

                >The Taira were actually quite successful for a while. But you're close -- it
                >begins with a "T".

                I do hope someone has already come up with the answer. I was originally just
                going to hang back on this one, but now that you are dropping hints the size
                of the vehicle assembly building in Florida, i see no reason to hang back. It
                is obviously the Toyotomi. Toyotomi was officially create as an uji
                by the Emperor, but was pretty much out of business only a couple of
                decades later.

                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 2, 2004
                  Solveig wrote:

                  > I do hope someone has already come up with the answer. I was originally just
                  > going to hang back on this one, but now that you are dropping hints the size
                  > of the vehicle assembly building in Florida,

                  LOL! Well, I *am* originally Trimarian, after all. <G>

                  > i see no reason to hang back. It
                  > is obviously the Toyotomi. Toyotomi was officially create as an uji
                  > by the Emperor, but was pretty much out of business only a couple of
                  > decades later.

                  Yup. Shortest run for an uji in history. Poor guys. <G>