RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Fan making experiments

  • Matt L
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 9, 2004
      -----Original Message-----
      From: makiwara_no_yetsuko [SMTP:makiwara_no_yetsuko@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 6:18 PM
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Fan making experiments

      <snip>

      > .. fanning yourself with intent of actualy moving much air could
      > put a lot more stress on them than gluing the fan together under
      the pressure of a book.

      It's a fan, not a nodachi, gentlemen. ;-> I'm more concerned about
      the paper - most paper folding fans bite it when the folds tear out.
      I should think putting a twist in a 1/16" x 3/16" slat during the
      gluing phase would be a lot more stressful than being fluttered in a
      ladylike manner.

      Makiwara

      I appologize if I implied that your use of the fan would be anythinbg less
      than ladylike. I fear I was thiinking only as one living in a province
      which suffers from much heat and humidity, making the flow of fresh air
      from the fan to be a greatly desired relief.

      yoshimasa

      <snipped footer>