Re: [SCA-JML] Re: address and reference

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2000
      Kass McGann wrote:

      > Me too, but I sign my correspondence "Aoi" and it seems people don't
      > realize that they're not supposed to call me that.

      That's probably because of the Western business convention that you sign
      your name the way you expect the person to refer to you. In my
      correspondence with strangers I invariably sign "A.J. Bryant" or "Anthony
      J. Bryant" -- and they have to therefore reply "Mr. Bryant." If I sign it
      "Tony" -- we're now on a first name basis.

      > I realize I'm opening myself up to ridicule here, but some people in
      > my Barony have (WITHOUT permission) taken to calling me just "Fuji".
      > One day someone decided to "formalize" it and called me "Fuji-san".

      Hmmm. I've just realized there's a gap in my Japanese vocabulary. What's
      the proper Japanese term for "bitch-slap," I wonder.

      > <sigh> Gaijin...

      Mattaku, ne!