Re: address and reference

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2000
      > Being serious for a moment (a hard thing for me), I simply
      introduce
      > myself to folks, especially Westerners, by my surname, as you do
      with
      > Bryant. As you say, they don't need to know anything else, so they
      end
      > up calling me by the proper name without realizing it...
      >
      > Yumitori

      Me too, but I sign my correspondence "Aoi" and it seems people don't
      realize that they're not supposed to call me that.

      I realize I'm opening myself up to ridicule here, but some people in
      my Barony have (WITHOUT permission) taken to calling me just "Fuji".
      One day someone decided to "formalize" it and called me "Fuji-san".

      Yippee!

      <sigh> Gaijin...

      Aoi