Fan experiment

  • makiwara_no_yetsuko
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6, 2004
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "makiwara_no_yetsuko"
      <makiwara_no_yetsuko@y...> wrote:
      > Not sure where to find it locally. Let's see how much of a mess I
      > make with the balsa first. ;-> I do, however, know where I can get
      > bamboo....

      Update, Saturday noonish:

      1. I got nice clean cuts in the balsa with an Exacto knife. Lightly
      sanding will neaten up any rough edges from being scored. I'm about
      to find out whether they're going to split when I try drilling the
      pivot holes.

      2. I was able to determine size of the paper pieces by scribing an
      arc the size I want at the lower end, cutting the paper and folding
      it in even increments, then trimming the top end to size. I'm keeping
      this bit as a template and have traced out the dimensions on the
      sketch pad papers to be decorated.

      I'll keep you posted.

      Makiwara