Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 1331

  • debbiesan2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 11:08 PM
      Hello Masako,

      As far as I know the KCM's English is very limited; I
      just spoke to them the other day, as they have agreed
      to help promote my book. If you have any simple
      questions, I can pass them on to them when I speak to
      them again:)

      Debbie

      Oydssea Press-your entry into modern and ancient Japan
      http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~lotus/OydsseaPress/OP.htm

      Trafford Publishing
      Call toll free within the US and Canada 1-888-232-4444
      UK/Europe-44-1270-251-609

      All other countries-phone-1-250-383-6864
      Fax-1-250-383-6804

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3591382004&category=29321

      > > Alcyoneus
      >
      > =====
      > Check out "Cowboy" Bob's Books & Things at:
      > http://asia.geocities.com/gentleman9/index.htm

      > Yahoo! Search - Find what you池e looking for
      faster
> [...]
      > to iron it because it
      > is still wrinkled from the move, and I should have
      > done that before the
      > starch. Oh well. Next time I will do it
      > properly--this time I will just
      > see how the starch treatment works when you iron it
      > afterwards.
      >
      > -Ii
      >
      > PS: Finally made myself a tate-eboshi that stands
      > straight!

      > Message: 4
      > Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 03:48:44 -0500
      > From: Matt L <mattlew@...>
      > Subject: kydex armoring question
      >
      > I have a question for Date-dono and others who have
      > worked with kydex. I
      > have found a convient local source for purchacing
      > sheet kydex, and have
      > intention of building my armor SOON. my plans arte
      > to make a Go-Mai Mogami
      > Haramaki Do and matching Sode. I am presently
      > requesting samples of lace
      > from the various companies people have listed here
      > in recent posts, and
      > will be getting my materials together as soon as
      > they arive, but I need to
      > know a couple things.
      >
      > First and perhapse mosty importantly: How thick
      > should the Kydex (tm) be? I
      > will be using actual kydex, not ABS (which a number
      > of people call kydex),
      > nor chemical barrel (which suffers the same
      > misidentification of ABS) I
      > have been given a bit of general information on
      > tooling and thermoforming
      > the kydex from the suplier, but found a lot more
      > detailed info on
      > www.kydex.com which is kleerdex's website. Nothing
      > on thier site mentions
      > "if your going to be wearing this stuff while
      > someone bearts on you with
      > ratan use this thickness of this formula"... imagine
      > that.
      >
      > the sales man at the supplier was reccomending 1/8"
      > sheet, but it was clear
      > he didn't know much about SCA combat as he had only
      > seen a local fighter
      > practice on one occasion, and thought said sheet
      > would also be good for my
      > kabuto...
      >
      > second, I imagine that those who have worked with
      > the stuff have at some
      > point used the "bake ity at 350" method (well o.k.
      > it actualy needs to be
      > between 380 and 390 but not over 400 (picky picky
      > the stuff can be.)... did
      > you have any problems with melting portions of it
      > which where in contact
      > with whatever metal container you used to suport it
      > in the oven, or did you
      > use an alternative method? (I know using a heat gun
      > is an option, but it
      > sounds like more time consuming and less even method
      > of heating the plates.
      >
      > third, what would you reccomend for shaping of the
      > plates? (as in molding
      > thier curvature in)
      >
      > fourth: do I recall past conversations on the list

      === message truncated ===

      =====
      A THOUSAND YEARS OF LOVE is a new novel set in the Heian Period, in Kyoto, Japan, and Hangzhou, China, a city described by Marco Polo as �gthe greatest in the world.�h
      Now available at http://www.trafford.com/robots/03-1713.html

      http://search.yahoo.com