Kydex

  • squire009@baronyofvatavia.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      I haven't worked with kydex specifically, in many years. I found
      that the kydex became flexible WAY before 380, and I could get decent
      shaping in the 200 range. If I was vacuum forming some complex
      shapes, I might want it higher, but for what will basically be simple
      curves, the lower temperatures should be fine. Use a convection
      oven, if you have one, that way a moment's inattention will not
      result in scorch marks from the heating elements directly above the
      plastic.

      Alcyoneus

      At 03:48 AM 3/4/2004 -0500, you wrote:

      second, I imagine that those who have worked with the stuff have at
      some
      point used the "bake ity at 350" method (well o.k. it actualy needs
      to be
      between 380 and 390 but not over 400 (picky picky the stuff can
      be.)... did
      you have any problems with melting portions of it which where in
      contact
      with whatever metal container you used to suport it in the oven, or
      did you
      use an alternative method? (I know using a heat gun is an option, but
      it
      sounds like more time consuming and less even method of heating the
      plates.

      any help/info is greatly apreciated

      Yoshimasa