Re: Sumo

  • otagiri_tatsuzo
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Zach Schneider" <Atomicius@h...> wrote:
      > So it's a pay-per-veiw thing?
      > Yoshida

      For Dish Network, TVJapan is an optional $25/month channel which
      carries news, sports, drama, ... I do not subscribe so cannot comment
      on the content.

      http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/international/a_la_carte/tvjapan/index.asp?viewby=2&packid=10027&sortby=1

      http://www.tvjapan.net/eng/programming.asp

      --otagiri
    • urufu_tenzo
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
        I have seen in the past sumo on ESPN2. I don't know what time of year
        they show it but they seem to show highlights and specific matches in
        the major tourneys. I'm not too familiar with the structor of sumo in
        japan but it seems every time I've seen it that it was a
        major "championship". They may not show sumo anymore but they did as
        of a couple of years ago.

        Urufu Shinjiro Tenzo
        Castlemere, Trimaris

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "otagiri_tatsuzo" <ronbroberg@y...>
        wrote:
        > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Zach Schneider" <Atomicius@h...>
        wrote:
        > > So it's a pay-per-veiw thing?
        > > Yoshida
        > >

        > For Dish Network, TVJapan is an optional $25/month channel which
        > carries news, sports, drama, ... I do not subscribe so cannot
        comment
        > on the content.

        http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/international/a_la_cart
        e/tvjapan/index.asp?viewby=2&packid=10027&sortby=1

        > http://www.tvjapan.net/eng/programming.asp
        >
        > --otagiri
      • James Eckman
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
          From: "Zach Schneider" <Atomicius@...>

          >So it's a pay-per-veiw thing?

          No, it's part of the normal TV JAPAN coverage, including the Taiga
          dramas and the like, it's just like $20-30 a month for one channel. Yes,
          I have it ;)

          Jim