RE: [SCA-JML] Re: kamon

  • Matt L
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 2, 2004
      granted the last time I played zelda, my cousins who have both now
      graduated highschool where building lego pirate gear, and playing with
      thier ghostbuster proton packs... I seem to remember the nintendo cartridge
      was metalic gold... but do I remember from somewhere that he wears a green
      tunic, brown vest and pants, and a green hat?

      other than my never having seen any eboshi that was not black, the outfit
      sounds like this: green kosode, dark brown kataginu kamashimo, and
      accessorize with a katana (since he only has one sword), ebira <sp?>, green
      eboshi <my paticular visual is high in twitch factor due to the shade of
      green I remember> and as I recall he doesn't use a long bow, but I would go
      ahead with a yumi anyway just because they look cooler than the japanese
      short bows (which to me look no different than low quality western
      recurves, though this could just be an object of myth due to some artist
      taking shortcuts in painting yumi by making a simple arch with a line
      between it's two points)

      yoshimasa

      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 4, 2004
        Thanks, I'll see what I can find.

        Bob R

        --- Solveig <nostrand@...> wrote:
        > Thank you for offering. I will see about scanning in
        > my copy of the
        > title page. This is not the sort of book which has a
        > decorative cover.
        > You need to go by what it says on the spine. It is
        > part of a multi-
        > volume set.

        =====
        Check out "Cowboy" Bob's Books & Things at:
        http://asia.geocities.com/gentleman9/index.htm

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/