Re: Sumo

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
      TV Japan shows sumo and I think Dish satellite carries it as well as
      some cable companies. It's not cheap though!

      Jim
    • Zach Schneider
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
        So it's a pay-per-veiw thing?
        Yoshida

        >From: James Eckman <ronin_engineer@...>
        >To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Sumo
        >Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 06:55:27 -0800
        >
        >TV Japan shows sumo and I think Dish satellite carries it as well as
        >some cable companies. It's not cheap though!
        >
        >Jim

      • otagiri_tatsuzo
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Zach Schneider" <Atomicius@h...> wrote:
          > So it's a pay-per-veiw thing?
          > Yoshida

          For Dish Network, TVJapan is an optional $25/month channel which
          carries news, sports, drama, ... I do not subscribe so cannot comment
          on the content.

          http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/international/a_la_carte/tvjapan/index.asp?viewby=2&packid=10027&sortby=1

          http://www.tvjapan.net/eng/programming.asp

          --otagiri
        • urufu_tenzo
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
            I have seen in the past sumo on ESPN2. I don't know what time of year
            they show it but they seem to show highlights and specific matches in
            the major tourneys. I'm not too familiar with the structor of sumo in
            japan but it seems every time I've seen it that it was a
            major "championship". They may not show sumo anymore but they did as
            of a couple of years ago.

            Urufu Shinjiro Tenzo
            Castlemere, Trimaris

            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "otagiri_tatsuzo" <ronbroberg@y...>
            wrote:
            > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Zach Schneider" <Atomicius@h...>
            wrote:
            > > So it's a pay-per-veiw thing?
            > > Yoshida
            > >

            > For Dish Network, TVJapan is an optional $25/month channel which
            > carries news, sports, drama, ... I do not subscribe so cannot
            comment
            > on the content.

            http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/international/a_la_cart
            e/tvjapan/index.asp?viewby=2&packid=10027&sortby=1

            > http://www.tvjapan.net/eng/programming.asp
            >
            > --otagiri
          • James Eckman
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
              From: "Zach Schneider" <Atomicius@...>

              >So it's a pay-per-veiw thing?

              No, it's part of the normal TV JAPAN coverage, including the Taiga
              dramas and the like, it's just like $20-30 a month for one channel. Yes,
              I have it ;)

              Jim