Re: kamon

  • mattfmcti
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 1, 2004
      > > > the sword. He doesn't get the girl. I want to see you make
      the
      > > > Japanese equivilant of Link's green elfy outfits. Now that
      would
      > be
      > > > cool. :D

      Link is SOOOO samurai!

      Refering to your wonderful diatribe earlier, I am actually looking
      for a period accurate kamon, which I'm thinking is going to be
      "Sable, three fuji argent one and two". I got very excited when I
      saw the triforce was an actual Japanese charge, and was
      hoping I could incorporate it. I am seriously interested in
      accurate period portrayal. However, I could always have a
      second, less used persona with a golden triforce just by itself,
      always wear green, and fight with a sword and shield :)

      > You're welcome. I'm thinking this outfit (yes, I know, not a
      samurai
      > outfit):
      >
      > http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/wayou/11.htm
      >
      > done with green everything, including a green hat, with the
      three
      > triangles kamon on for the pattern.
      >
      > Or this outfit, done in green, triforce already included ;)
      >
      > http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/busou/5.htm
      >
      > Or, since armor was mentioned, something of this nature:
      >
      > http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/busou/15.htm
      >
      > Laced in green with green garments underneath, and put the
      triforce
      > pattern on the hakama.
      >
      > bwa-ha-ha.
      >
      > Fujiwara no Kitsume

      Oh, thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been beating myself up
      trying to come up with a costume for Project A-kon. Samurai Link
      with live!!!

      Fujiwara Takaharu
    • Bob R
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 4, 2004
        Thanks, I'll see what I can find.

        Bob R

        --- Solveig <nostrand@...> wrote:
        > Thank you for offering. I will see about scanning in
        > my copy of the
        > title page. This is not the sort of book which has a
        > decorative cover.
        > You need to go by what it says on the spine. It is
        > part of a multi-
        > volume set.

        =====
        Check out "Cowboy" Bob's Books & Things at:
        http://asia.geocities.com/gentleman9/index.htm

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/