Re: Subject: Re: Found em

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      >Greetings from Solveig!
      >
      >Tokyoshoseki is probably the name of the publisher. The web page for
      >Tokyoshoseki is http://www.tokyo-shoseki.co.jp/
      >
      >A catalogue page for Atarashii Gijustsu Katei can be found at:
      >http://ten.tokyo-shoseki.co.jp/text2002/cyu/cyu-gijyutu/cyu_gika.html

      These are later editions of what I have. Even some of the sample
      illustrations are the same. Looks like they split them up differently,
      before there were two volumes but there are home economics and shop
      articles in both volumes.

      >The problem is that this book is not sold through stores. It is distributed
      >through schools.

      Bummer, that explains no copyright notice or ISBN for the ones I have. I
      picked mine up in a used book store, but my friends always ask where I
      get my books. I always say it's easy, browse most of the used bookstores
      in California and anywhere else I wind up along with a little cruising
      at abe.com and google. In this case I would try:

      http://www.google.co.jp/

      It didn't turn up anything useful in this case! New engineering all by
      itself had about 40,000 hits, but add home and you get about 15. For
      those who are new to Japanese and computers, if you want to search in
      Japanese, go to Jim Breen's web page and pick up the latest on the
      technology. Also I haven't had a chance to play with it, but it looks
      like OpenOffice 1.1 on English windows is fully Japanese aware including
      vertical layouts and the like. The price is right too, free.

      Jim