Re: kamon

  • mattfmcti
    Message 1 of 50 , Jan 31, 2004
      > Noble Cousin!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig!
      >
      > >Looking through that, I couldn't believe I found the Triforce!
      (Three
      > >solid triangles with their verteces together) Would such a
      device
      > >with a fuji in the center be appropriate?
      >
      > What is a triforce? However, please, please, please, do not put
      a frob
      > of any sort in the black trangle in the middle. Japanese
      armoury just
      > doesn't work that way. People in the Society toss elements
      together
      > more than they should for European armory. Tossing elements
      together is
      > even less appropriate for Japanese armory.
      > --
      >
      > Your Humble Servant
      > Solveig Throndardottir
      > Amateur Scholar

      That's what I thought. I had to try though :) The Triforce is a
      reference to a highly opoular Nintendo game series called the
      Legend of Zelda. The good guys use the same three triangles
      as their badge.

      Fujiwara Takaharu
    • Bob R
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 4, 2004
        Thanks, I'll see what I can find.

        Bob R

        --- Solveig <nostrand@...> wrote:
        > Thank you for offering. I will see about scanning in
        > my copy of the
        > title page. This is not the sort of book which has a
        > decorative cover.
        > You need to go by what it says on the spine. It is
        > part of a multi-
        > volume set.

        =====
        Check out "Cowboy" Bob's Books & Things at:
        http://asia.geocities.com/gentleman9/index.htm

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/