Looking for kabuto pieces

  • mattfmcti
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
      Katai na Itoko!

      List armorers, Help! I'm looking for someone who could make just
      unassembled kabuto pieces for a zunari-kabuto (including shikoro). I
      don't mind doing all the rivetting/lacing myself, but metal-working
      is going to be a little beyond my grasp for the time being. Arigato!

      Fujiwara Takaharu
    • Glynn Hennigar

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Glynn Hennigar
          <glynnhennigar@y...> wrote:
          > Hi my name is Glynn I work as a grinder in a metal fab
          company if you have a pattern for the peices you need I could
          make them easy enough.
          > glynnhennigar@y...

          Glynn,

          Domo arigato for your reply. The pattern I am interested in is
          Hiraizumi-dono's three-plate pattern on his web site, with
          shikoro in the hineno-jikoro pattern.
          http://www.sengokudaimyo.com
          If this is something feasible, let me know and I will e-mail you
          mroe information privately.

          Fujiwara Takaharu
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
            mattfmcti wrote:

            > Katai na Itoko!
            >
            > List armorers, Help! I'm looking for someone who could make just
            > unassembled kabuto pieces for a zunari-kabuto (including shikoro). I
            > don't mind doing all the rivetting/lacing myself, but metal-working
            > is going to be a little beyond my grasp for the time being. Arigato!

            Gotta tell ya...

            An unassembled zunari would be a pain to make. It's easier to do it and do all
            the rivetting. Seriously, otherwise you're dealing with less tolerance for
            shaping the plates.

            Effingham
          • Glynn Hennigar
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2004
              I looked at the pics of the three piece kabuto.Yes I think I could make the pieces.I think that I would have to pound out the sides by hand but I dont think that should be too hard.If you send me some measuremens
              (of your melon) :) and an approximate time frame and
              do you want stainless or mild steel
              do you need the pieces drilled.
              Glynn

              <glynnhennigar@y...> wrote:
              > Hi my name is Glynn I work as a grinder in a metal fab
              company if you have a pattern for the peices you need I could
              make them easy enough.
              > glynnhennigar@y...

              Glynn,

              Domo arigato for your reply. The pattern I am interested in is
              Hiraizumi-dono's three-plate pattern on his web site, with
              shikoro in the hineno-jikoro pattern.
              http://www.sengokudaimyo.com
              If this is something feasible, let me know and I will e-mail you
              mroe information privately.

              Fujiwara Takaharu

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT