Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 1265 - shoelace source

  • elsyr@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      > Message: 2
      > Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:19:05 -0000
      > From: "todd_last" <tlast@...>
      > Subject: Re: Looking for Shoelace, Nylon Cord for Kozane/Odoshi
      >
      > I actually just went through the same process earlier this year. What
      > I did was contact the fine folks at St. Louis Braid Co.
      > (www.stlouisbraid.com - site's kinda ugly, but gets the point across)
      > They only sell by the gross yard, but I got 2 gross yards (288 yards)
      > for $122 + shipping.
      >
      > The style I purchased was:
      >
      > STYLE #10074 is 3/4" Wide, polyester, tubular braid
      >
      > Now this comes in a spool, which I would measure, cut, trim the ends
      > and wrap in duct tape to make an aglet for ease of lacing. I got this
      > lace in my main color (light blue). I purchased the other random
      > colors (red, black, yellow) from my local shoe store. It's a fat
      > "retro" lace whose brand name escapes me.

      You might also want to try www.lacesforless.com - another ugly website. I
      have not dealt with them in a couple of years, but they were very prompt to send
      both samples and my order when I relaced my armor way back when. As I recall,
      a 144 yard roll of 3/8" flat tubular nylon (and they have a rainbow of colors)
      ran me around $30. With the 3/8" lace, I didn't need to use duct tape for an
      aglet, I just cut it at an angle, heated the end, and flattened in under a knife
      blade.

      Sumiyori