Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Koniichi wa - Straw Hats

  • kim nakamori
    Message 1 of 53 , Jan 4, 2004
      Otagiri-san,
      domo for the link, but the aforementioned one has
      2 types of gasa and i am seriously thinking about
      buying the Tsumaore as opposed to the Sando--the sando
      is used as part of a travelling gambler costume, while
      the tsumaore is for a lady, being a bit flatter-tho I
      wish they had the earlier period type of Tsumaore with
      either the peaked top, or the small flat crown on top.
      The peaked type seems to be the earlier version,from
      what I've seen of historical documentaries or
      "period-era" movies on our japanese tv station. I wish
      they broadcasted on the mainland-there has been some
      very good series from NHK shown in hawaii.(ie:Takeda
      Shingen,Miyamoto Musashi,Nobunaga,and one about a very
      early prince which I did not see much, but is the only
      real-life represntation of life Before the heian
      period-during the first period when there was more
      chinese influence (garb-wise),before the japanese
      decided to become japanese.-sorry can't recall the
      name of that period right now...Jumon<?>)

      You know,ethnically there is no race as the
      japanese, like the americans,the race is a mish-mash
      of diff asian ethnics-chinese,korean,Filipino,and some
      Dutch and portuguese. Hehe it always makes me chuckle
      when folks say, well you japanese all look alike.
      That's like saying all americans look alike.

      Ja matta Ashita,
      Tama-chan

      http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
    • Solveig
      Message 53 of 53 , Jan 16, 2004

        Greetings from Solveig! Canada speak is "first nations".