Re: [SCA-JML] News from VT

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 85 , Jan 4, 2004

      Greetings from Solveig! The Society is overly sensitive to random crimes
      committed by its members. I can easily believe that someone attacked
      someone who was having an affair with his wife. This is a fairly typical
      crime. The Society has no way to "protect" itself against this sort of
      thing and should not try. Trying to do so will make the Society more
      vulnerable than if it does nothing. Why? As long the as the Society is
      completely open and makes no claim of "screening" its members, then it
      can not be held responsible for its members. Groups, such as the Catholic
      Church, get into far more trouble if it makes claims about its members.
      Further, museum replicas and other companies sell this sort of sword on
      television. There is no reason to assume that someone owning a sword replica
      is a Society member.

      Message 85 of 85 , May 30, 2012

        Greetings from Solveig! The Pennsic University lost track of the following class and it is not being listed in the Pennsic Site Book, but will appear in the online listings and the Pennsic Independent. The question is whether or not to move the class out of the private camp and into one of the Pennsic University tents which the Pennsic class coordinator just offered to do. One problem is that this is a performance class and could possibly make for a bad neighbor to adjoining tents. In any case, not being in the Pennsic book is a big bummer in terms of attendance. I am concerned that nobody will show up as the class will not be in the Pennsic book. What do you think?