Re: [SCA-JML] Re: SCA Katana

  • Justin P Barney
    Message 1 of 53 , Jan 3, 2004
      Personally, I have yet to see a full stick of rattan that is straight. I
      just work with the curve as it is. After buying the stave from the
      merchant I am just careful about how I cut my sword out of it.

      I DO know that rattan does bend given a humid environment and
      encouragement (ie. leaning against a wall for a while). Learned that one
      the hard way. As far as how to control the bend is concerned, a brace
      can be easily constructed, if one was so inclined.

      Ozumi Takezou

      On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 21:21:00 -0000 "mattfmcti" <mattfmcti@...>
      writes:
      > Does anyone bother to put a curve into the blade? If so, what
      > methods do you use, and how much curvature do you put into
      > the blade?
      >
      > Arigato,
      > Fujiwara Takaharu
    • Solveig
      Message 53 of 53 , Jan 16, 2004

        Greetings from Solveig! Canada speak is "first nations".