Re: OT - Real katana's

  • DP Gregersen
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2004
      This site is mirrored at

      http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/nihonto.htm

      should you have trouble getting on either one.

      Showa era mei can be harder to find documentation on than those of
      the classic era. If it has six characters, it could include a date
      or other info as well as the smith. Also look for any telltale
      stamps.

      Always a small chance it could be an old blade in military mounts.
      (one can always hope....)

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Tim McShane" <mcshanet@t...> wrote:
      > There's a great site at
      http://www.geocities.com/alchemyst/nihonto.htm that has all kinds of
      articles relating to Japanese swords, including translating
      signatures and a section on Military swords. Still might take you a
      while to get through everything to determine what you might have, but
      it makes for interesting reading!

      > - Shiro
    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2004

        Greetings from Solveig! Please send me a high quality jpeg of the tang as
        well. I don't promiss anything.