Re: [SCA-JML] Re: hakama sizing?

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2004
      True...though I've never used potash. I just make sure that I dry the garments in as hot a dryer as the fabric can stand...the combination of vinegar and heat will generally set color. However, I have found some particularly pernicious reds that refuse to set no matter what!

      Kiri

      Everybody can be great ... because anybody can serve.
      You don't have to have a college degree to serve.
      You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve.
      You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 9, 2004
        Jason wrote:

        > Using the file pattern for making a pair of hakamas, is there any
        > waist sizing that I need to do, or do you just adjust the size of the
        > waist as you tie it while wearing?

        Given that it's totally open on both sides, that's all the "adjustment" you
        need. <G>

        Heck, I'm huge, and I can still wear normally made hakama -- the cords just
        aren't long enough. (And with this new diet, that shouldn't be a problem for
        long -- 20 pounds down so far of the total 130 I want to lose.)

        Effingham
      • Bubba
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 10, 2004
          Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

          > Given that it's totally open on both sides, that's all the
          > "adjustment" you need. <G>
          >
          > Heck, I'm huge, and I can still wear normally made hakama -- the
          > cords just aren't long enough. (And with this new diet, that
          > shouldn't be a problem for long -- 20 pounds down so far of the total
          > 130 I want to lose.)

          One of my guys tried on my hakama a while back, before I made his, and the
          sides weren't open anymore ;)
          --
          Kagemasa
          mysticz28@...
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 12, 2004
            Hehe Been there-I have 2 hakamas i lend out for Gold
            Key, one made larger with a longer hem, and one with a
            shorter hem, but the waist is made a bit smaller on
            the shorter one. The short one uses 4 yds, the longer
            one 5. yes, the one for taller lads have longer
            ties(for those robust lads)In making hakama for
            myself- i usually try to space the pleats so that when
            worn, the sides create a nice,ovalish, diamond-shaped
            space.

            Tama-chan