Yayoi Diet

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2004

      Greetings from Solveig! As I recall, some of you are interested in
      recreating the Yayoi Period. If so, you may be interested in the
      following book:

      http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4642077588/qid=1073015224/sr=1-317/ref=sr_1_0_317/250-8921280-3628261

    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2004
        Yes, all sorts of colors bleed...but I've found that if I use a color magnet sheet (like Shout), you have much less of the bleeding color show up on other things in the wash load.

        Kiri

        Everybody can be great ... because anybody can serve.
        You don't have to have a college degree to serve.
        You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve.
        You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2004
          Konnichi wa, tomodachi,
          I have also found that if you wash known "Bleeders" with regular
          vinagar and potash, it helps set the color better, and prevents
          bleeding...

          Date Saburou Yukiie
          Yama Kaminari Ryu
          Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave
          http://www.kabutographics.com (under reconstruction)
          kabuto@...

          -- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine Koogler" <
          ekoogler1@c...> wrote:
          > Yes, all sorts of colors bleed...but I've found that if I use a color
          magnet sheet (like Shout), you have much less of the bleeding
          color show up on other things in the wash load.

          > Kiri
        • Elaine Koogler
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 2, 2004
            True...though I've never used potash. I just make sure that I dry the garments in as hot a dryer as the fabric can stand...the combination of vinegar and heat will generally set color. However, I have found some particularly pernicious reds that refuse to set no matter what!

            Kiri

            Everybody can be great ... because anybody can serve.
            You don't have to have a college degree to serve.
            You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve.
            You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.

            > - Martin Luther King, Jr.

            I have also found that if you wash known "Bleeders" with regular
            vinagar and potash, it helps set the color better, and prevents
            bleeding...

            Date Saburou Yukiie

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 9, 2004
              Jason wrote:

              > Using the file pattern for making a pair of hakamas, is there any
              > waist sizing that I need to do, or do you just adjust the size of the
              > waist as you tie it while wearing?

              Given that it's totally open on both sides, that's all the "adjustment" you
              need. <G>

              Heck, I'm huge, and I can still wear normally made hakama -- the cords just
              aren't long enough. (And with this new diet, that shouldn't be a problem for
              long -- 20 pounds down so far of the total 130 I want to lose.)

              Effingham
            • Bubba
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 10, 2004
                Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

                > Given that it's totally open on both sides, that's all the
                > "adjustment" you need. <G>
                >
                > Heck, I'm huge, and I can still wear normally made hakama -- the
                > cords just aren't long enough. (And with this new diet, that
                > shouldn't be a problem for long -- 20 pounds down so far of the total
                > 130 I want to lose.)

                One of my guys tried on my hakama a while back, before I made his, and the
                sides weren't open anymore ;)
                --
                Kagemasa
                mysticz28@...
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 12, 2004
                  Hehe Been there-I have 2 hakamas i lend out for Gold
                  Key, one made larger with a longer hem, and one with a
                  shorter hem, but the waist is made a bit smaller on
                  the shorter one. The short one uses 4 yds, the longer
                  one 5. yes, the one for taller lads have longer
                  ties(for those robust lads)In making hakama for
                  myself- i usually try to space the pleats so that when
                  worn, the sides create a nice,ovalish, diamond-shaped
                  space.

                  Tama-chan