Re: Bibliography, clothing, and persona

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2000
      > Look carefully at the illuminations, some of them are plain silk,
      of various
      > thickness and weaves and have the gold couched on the fabric with
      the
      > 'brocade' patterns embroidered all over.
      > I am sure Aoi and Hiraizumi have reliable sources of pictures to
      look at. I
      > have noticed that the brocade patterns Aoi spoke of (
      > www.yusoku.com/koaoi.html - the kikko or tortoise shell pattern)
      can also be
      > traced to the Heian period as an example of complete covering,
      overall
      > embroidered.
      >
      > Fumio

      Well, it's not "embroidered" but rather the metalic threads were
      brocaded into the fabric when it was woven, but you have the right
      idea. Metallic threads ARE NOT taboo...
      Aoi
    • Marc Choronzey
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 10, 2000
        Konichiwa All,

        I Agree, my persona comes and goes between late Heian and Muromachi
        periods...

        Is there a concensus on what period is the easier to respect or is the most
        popular?

        Domo,

        Sayonara.
        "A man who judges others but not himself judges badly..."

        Hebikage Shimaha
        (Marc Choronzey)
        514-388-1790