waraji: facinating!

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2003
      I'm working on making a pair of waraji out of raffia (easiest to
      obtain for me). Now that I've finished one, I just had to try it out
      to see what it feels like, so I walked just a little bit out around
      my pool, on the concreate. The sole is so SOFT! It's very "cushioney"!
      The only thing that I can see that would ever be a REAL problem
      wearing these is if wearing tabi, the toes would wear out fairly
      quick, and trying to walk on anything smooth (tile floor) would be
      dangerous. Just thought I'd make a little post

      jason