Re: Heike Monogatari

  • ronbroberg
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 11, 2003
      > Noble Cousin!
      >

      > As for web-readable stuff. The big projects are putting Japanese
      originals
      > on the web. The Japanese studies community is much less interested
      in putting
      > translations on the web. Why do you want a web version?

      The web version is so that I could search for relevant topics to copy
      without actually reading the source material. I am building a website
      in which I desire to quote period literature relevant to specific,
      narrow topics. Such as a description of the shooting of the ship board
      Taira fan by a shore side Minamoto. I asked about the Heike simply
      because it was the most likely to be available but am interested in
      other period monogatari as well.

      However, this particular short cut now seems short sighted and I look
      forward to getting hard copy (I think some call it a 'book') to read.

      --otagiri