Re: [SCA-JML] Tabi pattern

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2000

      An important modification to make to tabi is that period tabi would have
      string ties rather than those fancy metal tab thingies. However, you
      should probably understand that tabi are definitely refined and are not
      in evidence on the battle field as a general matter. Battle paintings
      clearly show that the vast majority of those engaged in combat did not
      wear tabi. Oh well. I'm not either of the clothing experts on this mailing
      list. In fact, I'm barely clothed at all at events. People did manage
      to get me to stop wearing some of the stuff that I made for my second
      event, but I still tend to show up in one of the garments from that
      era on occasion.

      | techie.com |